I can’t believe there is no Wikipedia entry for Eugen Dombois. So sad about his
passing. I really must transfer the lesson tapes I have to digital form now.
Such a wonderful teacher.
I remember once I went to a lesson with Robert Clancy, my flatmate, because we
were playing duets. Robert had his solo lesson for the first part and Dombois
taught him completely differently than the way he taught me. I once told him I
learned a lot about teaching from him and he immediately said ‘but you mustn’t
copy me’.
An unfathomable loss for the lute world.

Ed Durbrow
Saitama, Japan
http://www.youtube.com/user/edurbrow?feature=watch
https://soundcloud.com/ed-durbrow