Thanks, Rainer, for reminding us that not all governments behave like
   the US, and Europeans actually take the ECB seriously.  Sure, the
   Federal Reserve is supposed to be an independent entity with government
   oversight, but it simply doesn't happen that way here where regular
   folks absorb those pesky negative externalities, and bankers set and
   change the rules at will.  Sadly, the average lutenist is not too big
   to fail, else I'd be demanding my $800 billion.
   RA
   > Date: Sat, 28 Mar 2015 19:56:53 +0100
   > To: praelu...@hotmail.com; lute@cs.dartmouth.edu
   > From: rads.bera_g...@t-online.de
   > Subject: [LUTE] Re: Saturday morning quotes - Fantasia
   >
   > Dear Andrico,
   >
   > you write "Or do people today realize that money is merely paper that
   > governments just print and allow to be distributed when and to whom
   they please?"

   > You certainly know that this is nonsense.
   >
   > No government in Europe is allowed to print money. Unfortunately, the
   ECB is