On 10/11/2016 17:43, Edward Martin wrote:
Dear Collective wisdom,
    I am wondering if anyone knows the fate or whereabouts of Shirley
    Rumsey.   She made a number of beautiful recordings on the Naxos label
    in the 1990's, and worked with Christopher Wilson - it is my
    understanding they were married.
    I was listening to her "Music of the Spanish Renaissance", and did an
    search about her, and the Wikipedia page devoted to her gives her birth
    and death years of 1933 to 1996.   From what I could see on photos, she
    does not appear to be in her 60's when the photo was taken in the 90's.
      I also saw a chat page (I lost the link, sorry) to where someone was
    questioning if those birth/death years were indeed one and the same as
    our lutenist/singer Shirley Rumsey.   The question put forth was not
    answered.
    Does anyone know if she has indeed passed away, or is still living?
    Thanks in advance,
    ed

Dear Ed,

Shirley is fine, living in England with her husband Chris Wilson. Neither of them performs in public any more. She is indeed a gifted musician, considering herself mainly as a lutenist (having studied with Diana Poulton at the Royal College of Music) although her talents as a singer were not to be belittled. She also played harp and keyboard at some point.

Best,

Matthew