Unfortunately this is a common issue with a lot of strings. One thing you could try is to put the CD string on the other way around. Very often that solves the problem or at least makes it less prominent. I even had a similar issue with a long PVF string that I cut in two to put on the 5th course of a 10-course. One of the two resulting strings was false but fine when I put it on the other way around!

The issue is not specific to renaissance lutes but may be more noticeable because of playing the bass strings more often in the upper registers.

Best

Matthew