The measurements I refer to stem from the new book "Martin und Johann Christian Hoffmann" by Eszter Fontana, Veit Heller and Klaus Martius, page 315.

They list up 7 supposedly historic bridges, width of strings (MH = Martin Hoffmann, JCH = Johann Christian Hoffmann):
MH 9 Nürnberg 169[?]    13c 139mm (DvE: 142)
JCH 3 Brüssel 1716      11c 123mm
JCH 6 Leipzig 1720/32   14c 154mm (DvE: 153)
JCH 21 Brüssel 1730     13c 140mm (DvE: 142)
JCH 29 London, undat.   13c 147mm (DvE: 148)
JCH 38 Berlin, undat.   13c 146mm (DvE: 145)
JCH R7 Kopenhagen 1741  13c 149mm

There seem to be slight differences between Dave's and Klaus's measurements (DvE = Dave van Edwards; I tried to give the measurements here for comparison) ...

.. and btw - I would say, it should be an easy task for any lutemaker to exchange a bridge, if it is too small or too big ,-).

Best regards
Markus