Hi everyone,
I have set up a transcription project for the Filippo Dalla Casa Bologna manuscript -- see http://fandango.musickshandmade.com/dalla-casa. I am a little concerned however that many people seem to think that music is really, really bad... - so bad that it is not worth transcribing from grand staff to tablature, thus keeping it in the safe zone of the not seen, not heard until the end of times (and perhaps beyond, if at all possible) I personally find that music not worse than average -  I know little about the 1760s music-wise... Am I the only one with such bad taste in music I cannot recognize "bad music"???? What makes bad lute music? Does it even exist? What - or who - comes to mind? Have you met with it? What do you think about the Dalla Casa music (some of which is not by him)? Do you think he should have stuck to his painter's brushes?
Alain
PS: bad French joke: Beethoven was so deaf that all his life he thought he was a painter...