Betreff: [LUTE] Re: German song  questions
Datum: 2018-02-08T11:20:57+0100
Von: "Ralf Mattes" <r...@mh-freiburg.de>
An: "Joachim Lüdtke" <jo.lued...@t-online.de>

Am Donnerstag, 08. Februar 2018 10:29 CET, Joachim Lüdtke
<jo.lued...@t-online.de> schrieb:

> Dear Robert, dear Rainer,
>
> original sources can (sometimes) be found by looking into Norbert Böker-Heil
> et al. (eds.); "Das Tenorlied". 3 Vols Kassel etc. 1979 - 1986.

That would be the first place to look, haven't access to it right now,
unfortunately.

> This is a source catalogue of songbooks both manuscript and printed from 1450
> to 1580. Vol. 3 contains the indexes. "Vnser magt kan ausz der massen"  =
> Songbook printed by Egenolff in Frankfurt, [1535], nr. 15 (anon.).

Do you happen to know in which Egenolff print this is suppoed to be? I'm
looking at the Gassenhawerlin and
Reuterliedlin from 1535 and can' t find it in neither.

> If you have access to "Denkmäler der Tonkunst in Oesterreich", you may find
> texts to the intavolations in the critical commentary to Koczirz's edition of
> Newsidler, Judenkunig & Co. in Vol. 37  (I don't have this at hand, so: just
> an idea).
>
> The Deutsche Volksliederarchiv in Freiburg may also be helpful ...

Hmm, I had mixed results last time I visited (~20 years ago). Also the changed
their focus (now called
"Zentrum für Populäre Kultur und Musik") and, unfortunately, their beatiful
location. BTW, their online
database (http://www.liederlexikon.de/) doesn't list the song.

 Cheers, RalfD