Von: lute-...@cs.dartmouth.edu [mailto:lute-...@cs.dartmouth.edu] Im Auftrag
von Howard Posner
Gesendet: Montag, 19. März 2018 20:39
Cc: lute@cs.dartmouth.edu
Betreff: [LUTE] Re: Betrachte meine Seel

The only evidence available about Leipzig in the early 1700s is that the
mandora/gallichon was the commonly used lute continuo instrument.  Bach’s
predecessor as thomaschule cantor, johann kuhnau, asked the town council for
money to buy a couple of them so he wouldn’t have to keep borrowing them.
Somebody, probably mr. Hodgson, has pointed out secondary sources that say the
request was granted, though the sources on which they rely aren’t clear on the
point.

Is anyone aware of evidence for archlutes in 18th-century Saxony?

Sent from my iPhone