> On May 25, 2019, at 11:56 PM, Jacob Johnson <tmrguitar...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>  Has anyone suggested that "Now O Now" and the Frogg Galliard might be
>  in reference to Elizabeth's "on again, off again" courtship with
>  Francis, Duke of Anjou?

Yes, anyone has suggested this.  It comes up on this list from time to time,
and you can find discussion in its archives if you do a better job of searching
than I just did at 40 minutes past midnight local time.

The connection is tenuous, inasmuch as the prospect of Elizabeth marrying the
Duke Anjou were dead by 1581, when Dowland was 17 or 18, and the Duke himself
died of malaria three years later.