Perhaps this helps:

Antonio de Cabezón (1570) has published a set of variations
(diferencias) called "La dama le demanda" in his OBRAS DE MUSICA PARA
TECLA, ARPA Y VIHUELA (1570):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B_3ZD_5_Erg
https://imslp.org/wiki/Diferencias_sobre_%27La_Dama_Le_Demanda%27_%28Cabez%C3%B3n,_Antonio_de%29#IMSLP330520

Anton Högler has intavolated this in 2012 see [LUTE] archive, 2012-01-25
https://www.mail-archive.com/lute@cs.dartmouth.edu/msg38983.html

Also the ground of his "Diferencias sobre la pavana italiana" is very
similar. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_6OjQ5J4kkk

According to Maurice Esses, a quite similar (but not identical)
harmonic-metric scheme "is found in a lute piece by Becchi, published
in Venice in 1568, called Madama mi domanda" (Esses 1992: p.629)

Maurice Esses (1992): Dance and instrumental diferencias in Spain
during the 17th and early 18th centuries. Volume I: History and
background, music and dance. New York: Pendragon Press.