Interestingly there are only about a dozen Milans in the whole province of Valencia, some with the accent on A,
some without.
I certainly wouldn't rule out Italian extraction for the character in question.

The whole argument reminds me of an old epigram:

"Seven cities argue over Homer's citizenship.
He was a beggar in all seven of these!"

RT