On Thursday, 1 December 2016 6:24:26 PM AEDT Morrie Wyatt via luv-main wrote:
> On 30/11/2016 4:03 PM, Brian May via luv-main wrote:
> > It seems to me in recent years that people are losing interest in LUV
> > - for various reasons. Can anything be done to rectify this?
>
> In my case, it's not lack of interest, but a combination of $JOB
> workload, and
> the fact that my hearing has deteriorated fairly badly over the years.
[...]
> I do however follow the LUV mailing lists with great interest.

I'm glad you enjoy the lists.

Do you have any suggestions for how we can improve services to users who don't
attend meetings?

You may be aware of the hands-on training sessions we have run at beginners'
SIG meetings.  It would be possible to run some of those over the Internet
with IRC or other IM for communication.  Would that be of interest to you?

The general concept would be to have a number of people (at least 4 to make it
an effective use of the trainer's time) login to VMs and get practical
experience at various sysadmin and coding tasks following a set lesson plan.
When they have problems they contact the trainer by IM who can then login to
the VM and offer advice on how to proceed.