On Wed, Mar 07, 2018 at 05:51:58AM -0800, Rick Moen wrote:
> Quoting Craig Sanders (c...@taz.net.au):
>
> > The domain itself needs, at minimum, an SOA record, two or more NS records,
> > and an MX record.
>
> [...]
>
> This is very good, Craig.   (I would want to also include appropriate SPF
> TXT RRs.)

feel free to re-use it however you like.

I actually deleted the SPF records from my example as being "not necessary for
a minimal zone".

> > $ORIGIN example.com
> > $TTL 86400
>
> ITYM '$ORIGIN example.com.'

yep. this zonefile comes with some free bonus carelessness :)

> So, personally, I would always ask my ISP to set an appropriate reverse in
> the applicable *.in-addr.arpa zone.  (For these purposes, it's not
> necessary to have the .in-addr.arpa namespace delegated, just set
> appropriately.)

So would I if I was ever in a situation where I had to beg for it. And some
ISPs will even fulfil such a request.

(and delegating a .in-addr.arpa zone for less than a /24 is moderately
difficult and extremely rare.  Some ISPs will do it, most don't even know it's
possible. and moѕt who do know it's possible put it in the too much hassle
basket)

craig

--
craig sanders <c...@taz.net.au>