On 16/2/19 1:02 pm, Andrew Greig via luv-main wrote:

Hi All,

I have had some disks "ready to go" for a couple of months, meaning all that was required was to plug the SATA cables into the MB. I plugged them in today and booted the machine, except that it did not boot up. Ubuntu 18.04, it stopped at the Ubuntu burgundy screen and then went black and nowhere from that state.

I  shut it down and removed the 2 SATA cables from the MB and booted up - successfully.

Hi Andrew

It may be as simple as a change to the boot order. From the bios set the 1st boot disk to the disk you have been booting from before you added the extra disks

Cheers

Nic

It is apparent that I lack understanding, hoping for enlightenment

Gratefully

Andrew Greig