Hello!

PCMan has written on Monday, 21 October, at 12:26:
>While trying to integrate lxsession with new lxde-qt project, I noted
>some problems.

>1. lxsession now depends on libgee because of use of ArrayList class.
>I replaced them with plain GLib array and lists so we don't need
>libgee anymore. Please see remoge_gee branch on lxde.git.sf.net.
>Julien, if you agree I want to merge it with master so we don't need
>libgee dependency.

>2. lxsession exposes quite a lot of dbus stuff. Are they all required?
>What's the purpose of spredsheet, email, calculator, and all the other
>commands and their launcher functions? What's the use case of all
>these commands? If they're not used, can we remove them?

>3. The old lxsession can expand environment variables in the config
>files properly with posix wordexp(), the ability seems to be lost in
>current vala rewrite. I checked the code and found that many things
>are hard-coded, and it only replaces XDG_CONFIG_HOME. Can we fix this
>part and hard code less stuff, putting the lubuntu-specific parts in
>the config files rather than the binary code?

>4. Is it possible to make it build totally without gtk+? I'm not quite
>familiar with current lxsession code base so Julien your help is
>really wanted.

Also lxsession-logout in GIT code crashes, I could not make it work.

Also last night in IRC was exposed another problem: lxappearance does not
work with latest lxsession anymore. Well, it works if it's compiled using
configure option --enable-dbus, but if it's compiled with that option
then it _requires_ lxsession to work, it will not work without it. It is
inacceptable regression I believe. I'm sorry but I'm quite not happy with
all those lxsession design changes. May be we should fork it from point
before those changes and create some 'lxsession-classic' project without
vala and gtk+ at all? Or is it better to create some new lxsession from
scratch instead?

>Thanks!

Best regards,
Andriy.