Le 21/10/2013 21:34, Julien Lavergne a écrit :

2013/10/21 Andrej N. Gritsenko <and...@rep.kiev.ua <mailto:and...@rep.kiev.ua>>

    Also lxsession-logout in GIT code crashes, I could not make it work.

It's not supposed to. I'll need more detail to reproduce it.

    Also last night in IRC was exposed another problem: lxappearance
    does not
    work with latest lxsession anymore. Well, it works if it's
    compiled using
    configure option --enable-dbus, but if it's compiled with that option
    then it _requires_ lxsession to work, it will not work without it.
    It is
    inacceptable regression I believe. I'm sorry but I'm quite not
    happy with
    all those lxsession design changes. May be we should fork it from
    point
    before those changes and create some 'lxsession-classic' project
    without
    vala and gtk+ at all? Or is it better to create some new lxsession
    from
    scratch instead?

I don't know what I mess up with lxappareance, the changes was supposed to be backward compatible.

Also, I made several mail previously about the changes on lxsession, nobody seems to care about them until recently. All the changes was made to be backward compatible, and I still consider it as alpha stage. If you want to fork it, feel free to do it. You should start with the razor one, since it's already in C++ + Qt.

Regards,
Julien Lavergne

From a non technical point of view, I find the new lxsession very interesting. It allows to manage more easily different apps in the session. Indeed, it may need some polish in the interface to be more user-friendly, and some settings are still uncler for me, but I think that last changes represent a nice progression for the average user I am.

Kind regards,