2013/10/31 Alexis López Zubieta <azubi...@estudiantes.uci.cu>

> Hi list:
>
> Integration between applications is needed if we wan to create a
> functional desktop and also in order to reduce memory consumption.
> Right now how we set the proxy configuration for the whole desktop without
> closing the session? Should we make something similar to the mechanism to
> change the style? An alternative is to have a central configuration space
> where the application share data. Just like gsettings and his alternatives.
>
> I want to introduce a weightless alternative that only share the
> environment variables, and notifies the modifications. It is based on debus
> and is divided in two parts a server an a client. It should run at the
> beginning of the session so it must be part of it. I'm wondering if you are
> interested in have such functionality. If so where should I put the code,
> in liblxqt or in liblxqt-common ? also lxqt-session shuld be modified.
>
> Best wishes.
>
> Alexis López Zubieta
> Nova Light Development Team
> University of Informatics Sciences (Cuba)

<shameless plug>

   http://code.google.com/p/proxymanager/ is a different approach some
might find useful. At least I do ;-) It deals reasonably well with http(s)
proxying. ftp- and socks not so much.. But maybe that could be fixed.

</shameless plug>

Considering your proposal: If I read your mail correctly and what you have
in mind is a dbus-service, I think a standalone-application is the correct
approach. You can then configure lxsession to launch that application at
session start up. I don't think there is need for code in the libraries.

br. Chr.