On 19/02/18 06:40, russellb...@gmail.com wrote:

        Grrrr..... Nature has started using multiple title fields,
http://www.nature.com/articles/d41586-018-01720-z, for instance (an
amusing story from their 'Futures' series).  Can someone tip me to how
to make lynx use the first?  I've found HTAnchor.c .

Given that clause 3(7)(l) of their terms of use forbids downloading and storing contents, why is it so important that the correct title is shown?

Is your issue with the titles in the embedded SVG (e.g. "Twitter icon"). This was discussed on this list in the past month. I can't remember whether or not there was a work around, but it is likely the result of Lynx not creating a document object model, but rather rendering, on the fly, using heuristics.