Martin Vermeer wrote:

Hmmm, I don't think this is done in 1.4, and still single par update
works just fine there... in 1.5 the infrastructure is there but it isn't
working properly, as whole-screen updates have been layered on top of it
with reckless disregard for what was already there, which thus is now
completely useless.

I am a bit angry about this. It would have been so easy to see what
exactly is getting rendered using the PAINTING debug flag.

Dear Martin,

I've asked multiple times for help when trying to understand this metrics and coordcache stuff. Nobody ever stepped in. So IMHO, it's a bit easy to say that you are angry now.

The old code was not understandable at _all_ and I believe it is much more understandable now that is has been cleaned up a bit.

What about first getting the old singlepar/singlerow functionality back
into a working state? Then we can see what is missing and provide it.

Now we talk :-). I am open for suggestion and for help.

Abdel.