Abdelrazak Younes wrote:
> Bo Peng wrote:
>>> Yeah, it was not that hard (see below). It's just that I don't have much
>>> time.
>>
>> This does solves my bookmark problem, but are you sure it is a good
>> idea to open all buffers that was opened in the parent window?
>
> I know you understand the difference but for the sake of clarity let me
> repeat that again: The buffers are not opened again in the second
> window. They are opened once and only once.

Maybe it helps when we describe it in other words.

Due to Abdel's great work we now have a Model/View design.
The buffers are the models and the Windows are the views.
As you know there is only one model but arbitrarily much views.

The problem is now, what do we with the views, they are all identical,
because currently they are a whole view of the model.

Maybe it is really the best do disable the multiple-view support until
we know how we will handle this.

One idea is to divide the one bug buffer into several smaller ones
which all are viewed by a view, which doesn't know anything about
other buffers. But then a multiple view of one document becomes
impossible. To have this we could use something like a buffer-proxy...

A other solution is to somehow handle within the views which part
of the buffer is viewed.

--
Peter Kümmel