On Thursday 02 November 2006 11:08 am, Peter Kümmel wrote:
> Lars Gullik Bjønnes wrote:
> > Peter Kümmel <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
> > | I think we should really release a alpha version
> > | of LyX 1.5 until Monday, 6. November.
> >
> > Why change a decision already made?

  With all the due respect Peter, your enthusiasm makes me smile, and I like
it but I would like to argue back.

> Because
>  - it wasn't that clear

   I am sorry to disagree but every other post in this list seems to imply
otherwise.

>  - it was more a decision for a beta release

   I have stated clearly that it was an alpha release what we meant, I have
even explained codewise what it implied. (No more new major features after
this release).

>  - to push LyX forward
>  - we are flexible
>  - we will collect more bug reports
>  - it focuses the development
>  - it makes existing problems more visible

    I doubt that. Developers knew the deadline and they are acting
accordingly, changing time expectations can be extremely frustrating, for
anyone (myself included).

>  - most decisions were not discussed

   I don't understand your point here.

>  - Abdel can't do much for the next two weeks
>  - Bo is on vacation
>  - Michael is very busy because he's the best man on work

   With all the due respect for the developers you mentioned, but I don't see
how that is relevant here.

>  - Maybe we find more Mac developers

   Just for releasing earlier?

>  - currently we are in a run and we couldn't keep with the pace
>  - I think waiting longer is wasted time, and we've
>    already waste too much time

   These two points are contradicting each other.

>  - I see now reason to wait
>  - I will see results
>  - I think I have some support for this propose

  Peter, as stated above, your energy is welcome in the project, but sometimes
a little bit of patience pays off. :-)

--
José Abílio