Abdelrazak Younes <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> Bennett Helm wrote:
> > I'm now out of my depth.
> >
> > The official binary installs Qt as a bunch of "Frameworks"
> > (Qt3Support.framework, QtAssistantClient.framework, QtCore.framework,
> > etc), which are folders that include headers and largish  (i.e., 3+MB)
> > files named Qt3Support, QtAssistantClient, QtCore, etc.; they do not
> > include any files named, e.g., libQtCore.a, which LyX looks for. So, I
> > don't see how the binaries are going to help.
>
> I think these files are the libraries.

Yep. Frameworks are folders, you can open them and will see what they
contain. Usually QtCore.framework/QtCore should be the dynamic lib. There
*might * be a static lib in QtCore.framework/Versions/Current/... but I
doubt it. Frameworks are usually shared libs.

> We just need to update the
> autotools to look for them in addition to the more unix like libXXX.[so, a].

OMG, easier to switch to CMake. Why do you think they call it "autohell" ? ;-)

> But I don't know enought about autotools to help you with that. Maybe
> scons or CMake have some support for those Qt framework packages?

CMake supports frameworks. I used CMake to compile LyX with a manually
build Qt/Mac 4.2.1, but got linking errors because I didn't tell CMake
to include the -framework ApplicationServices etc. switches. I'll try again
soon. Some caveats:
* unset QMAKESPEC before doing anything (set by /sw/bin/init.sh)
* check in ccmake for undefined symbols and add them manually if needed
* toggle advanced mode in ccmake to see all symbols

/Andreas