Edwin Leuven wrote:

> the insert citation dialog crashes here with attached bib entry
>
> hints anyone?

Yes. The contents of .bib files is implicitly treated as UTF8, and your file
is encoded in latin1. What we need to do is to convert them from the
encoding that will be used for LaTeX export to ucs4 when we read them.
It would be nice if you could do these changes. The best method would be
IMHO to make idocfstream symmetric to odocfstream by adding an encoding
argument, and open .bib files with idocfstream instead of std::ifstream.
Then the conversion will be done automatically when you read from the
stream. The only reason why I did not add the encoding argument to
idocfstream yet is that it was not needed so far.

Georg