Alfredo Braunstein wrote:
Abdelrazak Younes wrote:

Stefan Schimanski wrote:
It happened with two footnote in the view, just moving the mouse around.
So could it be related to the mouse hover maybe?
Looks like a good analysis.

I think though that the change in the patch is reasonable nevertheless.
The comparison to SingleParUpdate is wrong. The drawText function must
work with every update_strategy.
I think you're right Stefan and the problem is most certainly caused by
a combination of mouse hover and SinglePar when the focus comes back.

SingleParUpdate? I thought it was about NoUpdate. But shouldn't we just
return when vi.update_strategy == NoUpdate? And why are we calling
paintText in the first place?

The problem is that, when mouse hovering, no text painting should be needed, only background. But, because of current architectur where text is drawn _after_ background, we are forced to do the text painting. Changing this (using text on transparent background painting) basically needs a rewrite of rowpainter hence a 1.6 business). Now, in case when mouse hovering hapens just after a SinglePar update and at the same screen location, grey areas are drawn before and after the current paragraph. I am not sure I am clear...

Sorry if the questions don't make much sense, it's a long time I don't look
at this part of the code... ;-)

No surprise really because this part of the code has been rewritten since you left ;-)

Abdel.