Alfredo Braunstein wrote:
This is bad. What if the user changes layout (or worse document class) and
the new layout has different default alignment? You are losing information
here.

ah, i see the problem now.

there seem to be 2 problem cases:

1 x is set and we change the default to x:
2 x (default) is set and the default changes:

(x being one of justified/left/center/right)

case 2 is in my opinion not so relevant because i don't see why (in the current solution) one would have default unchecked and then choose the explicit alignment that matches default behavior

which leaves case 1 and the question if we would like to keep the explicit formatting here.

i would be fine with having the default take precedence in both cases and have this in the interface:

o Justified (default)
o Left
o Center
o Right

but i can understand that others might think otherwise...