Alfredo Braunstein wrote:
Edwin Leuven wrote:

case 2 is in my opinion not so relevant because i don't see why (in the
current solution) one would have default unchecked and then choose the
explicit alignment that matches default behavior

One such cases: I'm in Standard Layout and I want my par centered so I set
it explicitly. Then I change layout to one with centered default [then
realize it's not what I though] and change back. I've lost my explicit
centering.

this is not case 2, but case 1:

 x is set and we change the default to x

could you give a meaningful example with specific layouts between which you would be switching (out of curiosity) which would give rise to the above?