Edwin Leuven wrote:
Alfredo Braunstein wrote:
It has become sort of a religious issue

lyx has a tendency to put a stupid button, checkbox you name it for whatever stupid thing that is around. in the end you get a bad, cluttered ui...

(i this respect i think i compared lyx to a x-mas tree once)

so it has nothing to do with religion (which i avoid like the plague), it is just sanitary: the same reason why i flush in the toilet, i like things to be clean.

(you are partly guilty), dunno why ;-)

maybe i don't like x-mas as much a you guys? ;-)

I would miss the possibility to reset a bunch of paragraphs to
default though

that is a question of ui design and is orthogonal to what i am proposing. i think for this there should be a reset button...

This is a sensible suggestion IMHO. As we all agree that "Default" is somewhat a different setting than the others a UI like this will have the best of both worlds: one click for changing alignment and also one click for resetting the alignment (which will also set the radio button automatically to the default one). So 4 radio buttons and one push button is the way to go IMHO:

o Justified (Default)
o Left
o Center
o Right