Alfredo> The problem has nothing to do with env depths, just with
Alfredo> cut/past of empty paragraphs. The problem is that
Alfredo> Text::acceptChanges on the internal cut/paste paragraph list
Alfredo> calls DEPM and this removes an empty paragraph at the
Alfredo> beginning.

Alfredo> The fix is to move the bulk of acceptChanges to
Alfredo> paragraph_funcs (where it belongs IMO) and the version in
Alfredo> Text just calls that and then DEPM, while in cap we just call
Alfredo> the plain version.

Alfredo> I think this is the right thing to do, but on a first test
Alfredo> this uncovers a DEPM bug :-O ...

So now we have patch in one place and the explanation in another
place...
http://bugzilla.lyx.org/attachment.cgi?id=1927&action=view