Jürgen Spitzmüller wrote:
Abdelrazak Younes wrote:
Why that?
Why that what? You think that 1.6 will come in less than a year?

No. Why do you think new features cannot go into the stable series? As I've outlined, I'm very open to backporting features that are tested and straightforward (at least after 1.5.1). This includes context menus and dialogs and everything that doesn't entail a file format change.

As soon as do some cleanups (like I've done in my mvc branch) back-porting will get more and more complicated. Backporting will require additional work whereas developing feature and doing cleanup directly in the stable branch will not.

Abdel.