Enrico Forestieri wrote:
On Thu, Sep 18, 2008 at 02:04:33PM +0200, G. Milde wrote:

On 18.09.08, Helge Hafting wrote:
Enrico Forestieri wrote:
On Tue, Sep 16, 2008 at 02:13:49PM +0200, G. Milde wrote:
With LyX 1.6, using unicode characters other than Basic Latin is possible
also in math mode.
Note that in math mode TeX (and even XeTeX) doesn't support anything
outside the ASCII set,
Which is sad. The latin alphabet does not stop at 'z' unless you are english.
or Latin ;-)

You managed to convice me. With the attached patch, the unicode accented
characters are interpreted as math variables when they are entered in
mathmode. Please test.

Interesting. I tested the characters æøåÆØÅ
The 'æ' and 'Æ' is still upright.
The 'ø' and 'Ø' is italic, but does not match the font. Looks more
like plain o and O with a slanted line through it?
The same for å and Å. Looks like the character leant to the right to
become italic, but the ring remained in place. (Ring no longer over
the top of A.)
the same happens to Ä too, the dots are not properly centered
over the A.

So - this is better than nothing, but ideally the æøåÄ etc. should
be taken from the font instead of trying to synthesize by combining
dots with an A and so on. That is probably harder to do?

Helge Hafting