Btw. After I run CMake, I opened the lyx.sln file. I then used the MSVC menu named "build". This successfully compiled LyX, but a debug version. What do have to change to compile a release version?

There is a combo box at the top to select "Release" or "Debug"

Hmm, the combo box has here only one entry "Release". But the compilation result is a debug version. (When I stad the lyx.exe, it requires the GtGuid.dll and not the QtGui.dll.)

Can you please tell me you exact CMake build command including all options ?

thanks and regards