Am 07.07.2010 um 01:19 schrieb Joost Verburg:

> On 7/6/2010 5:43 PM, Pavel Sanda wrote:
>> Stephan what is the plan about the dictionaries? do you plan to include them
>> all into the installer? 0.5 GB for each release looks quite big...

This I currently don't know. Since I reached a "milestone" for the pure code
base I can focus on that next.
I think ideally we provide 2 alternate packages for the LyX-binary (with and
w/o Qt4 bundled).
The Qt4-bundled package may be dropped later if the combo of Qt4 from Nokia and
pure LyX is verified by others.
Additionally we may provide one or more package(s) with the dictionaries and
thesauri. But we have to discuss
and implement the machinery to incorporate the contents of these packages into
users local installation.
(Ideally platform independent!)

So for now I'll make the compromise to ship the dictionaries and thesauri
included (sizes see below).
Therefore currently no installer is needed. The Mac user downloads the dmg,
mounts it and can test the app from
the mounted image and/or copy it to the /Application folder.

> Is this dmg uncompressed? A zip with Hunspell dictionaries for all supported
> languages is only about 30 MB.

Yes, the given size is the maximum for the uncompressed sparse dmg.

73 MB LyX-2.0.0svn.dmg (Mounted state: 274 of 577 MB)
83 MB LyX-2.0.0svn+qt4.dmg (Mounted state: 309 of 577 MB)

Stephan