On Mon, Sep 6, 2010 at 7:56 AM, Stephan Witt <st.w...@gmx.net> wrote:
> Am 06.09.2010 um 13:46 schrieb BH:
>
>> On Mon, Sep 6, 2010 at 7:21 AM, Stephan Witt <st.w...@gmx.net> wrote:
>>> I've prepared an updated version of INSTALL.MacOSX.
>>>
>>> If possible, I'd like to get it verified by other people with mac hardware
>>> before I commit it.
>>
>> I'll take a look, though it might be a while....
>
> Thanks, I'll wait a while... :-)

And now it's been a while.

I tried this out with a new Mac, and it works well. I did not compile
aspell or test Tiger or 64-bit support.

A couple of minor comments, with my numbering following that of INSTALL.MacOSX:

PREREQUISITES

1. Can Qt be installed from Nokia's .dmg, or must it be self-compiled?
I followed the instructions to compile it myself, and it worked with
no problems, but if that's not necessary, it might be worth making it
clearer.

2. The version of automake macports installed is 2.67, which
autogen.sh rejected. (It wants only automake < 2.65.) So I had to edit
autogen.sh to allow 2.67, which worked fine.

BUILD INSTRUCTIONS

1. Environment

(a) ... "We have to change that with if on that build system". Should
this be: "We have to change that if not on that build system"?

That's it. Nice job with the clear documentation ... and nice work on
LyX/Mac quite generally. It's coming along great!

BH