On 11/02/2010 02:31 AM, Stephan Witt wrote:
Am 01.11.2010 um 23:42 schrieb Pavel Sanda:

Stephan Witt wrote:
Sorry, I went out and could not answer :-)

1) I have a patch at hand to add the ability to collect stderr in system call
and to simplify the stdout collection too. This patch doesn't change the
current interface but adds a second one. VCS is more clean with that.
The need to add ">" redirection and parse it later to split it vanishes.
we are entering new flame even before posting this patch...
to add new interface for each of the backend is not a good thing.
I meant a new interface for SystemCall with stdout and stderr parameters.

This general structure might also allow, e.g., the actual reporting of lyx2lyx errors, which would be very nice.

Richard