On 03/21/2011 12:31 PM, Joost Verburg wrote:
"Abdelrazak Younes" <you...@lyx.org> wrote in message news:4d87341c.5050...@lyx.org...
I am not sure this is wise... might even be a good reason to step back to MSVC2008... at least until Qt switches to MSVC2010... But you are the one to decide.

Windows 2000 is 12 years old and no longer receives security fixes. Therefore it's hardly used anymore.

Not really true. But I am suspecting that MSVC doesn't support Win2000 on purpose... Anyway, those who want LyX will have to upgrade to XP or Linux then :-)

I'm maintaining a dozen of dependencies and simply don't have the time to support different compilers. Last year I decided to use MSVC 2010 for the new dependency platform in order to be future proof. Spending months to develop new dependency packages which only support an old compiler just didn't make sense to me.

Fair enough. As I said, you are the one to decide.

Abdel.