I often have the case that I need to define an inset that is internally a LaTeX command. I use for this the Flex inset. But why does it not support optional and required arguments. I mean it represents a LaTeX command, the same way as a normal Style declaration.
Using
OptionalArgs            1
RequiredArgs            1
in a style works very well, but I need the same also for InsetLayout Flex:.

Can this be implemented or is this already available in another form?

Besides this, is there a way to define a normal style that LyX does not treat as a paragraph. I mean when I use

LatexType       command

LyX nevertheless ends the style in the TeX output with a new line, e.g.

 \test{bla}

 This is an example

instead of

 \test{bla}This is an example