On 2011-08-27, Uwe Stöhr wrote:
> Am 23.08.2011 23:18, schrieb Jean-Marc Lasgouttes:

>> Could we just use alltt or even verbatim instead?

> VFerbatim would not allow any formatting while list does. What is alltt?

alltt is an environment of the LaTeX standard package alltt.
http://www.tug.org/texlive/devsrc/Master/texmf-dist/doc/latex/base/alltt.pdf

  This package defines the alltt environment, which is like the verbatim
  environment except that \, {, and } have their usual meanings. Thus,
  other commands and environments can appear within an alltt environment.

I.e. it is similar to the <pre> HTML tag.

> But the aim of lyxlist is to provide an environment where multiple
> spaces are output as such and not only as one single space.

If a monospaced font is intended, too, alltt seems the right choice.

Günter