Le 01/09/2011 16:15, Uwe Stöhr a écrit :
Am 01.09.2011 10:55, schrieb Jean-Pierre Chrétien:

Compilation of French versions of UserGuide and EmbeddedObjects fail
for a
similar reason: bad language change location in a sectioning heading.

Where? For me all documentation files for all languages compile.

On Linux/TexLive I get the following errors.

In UserGuide:

<cite>
Overfull \hbox (10.96574pt too wide) in paragraph at lines 103--104
[]\T1/lmr/bx/n/12 Environnements de Pa-ra-graphe, [][]18[][]--
 []

! Extra }, or forgotten \endgroup.
l.125     \subitem Details}
                           \selectlanguage  {english} , \hyperpage{77}
I've deleted a group-closing symbol because it seems to be
spurious, as in `$x}$'. But perhaps the } is legitimate and
you forgot something else, as in `\hbox{$x}'. In such cases
the way to recover is to insert both the forgotten and the
deleted material, e.g., by typing `I$}'.
</cite>

After investigation, this error is due to the fact that the word 'Flottants' is in French in the index inset within title of section 4.6.3. The exported latex construct

\subsection{More Information\index{Flottants@\selectlanguage{french}%
Flottants\foreignlanguage{english}{!Details@Details}\selectlanguage{english}
}}

creates the abovementioned error, as texindy creates line

   \subitem Details}\selectlanguage{english} , \hyperpage{79}

in UserGuide.ind.

This will be corrected when the section will be translated, but does this
deserve a ticket ? I wonder whether this is a LyX bug in the exported LaTeX
syntax or a index generator bug, which should not export '}\selectlanguage{english}'.

In EmbeddedObjects:

<cite>
Chapter 6.
Runaway argument?
! Paragraph ended before \def was complete.
<to be read again>
                   \par
l.5632 ...anguage{french}{Flottants d'enrobage}}}}

I suspect you've forgotten a `}', causing me to apply this
control sequence to too much text. How can we recover?
My plan is to forget the whole thing and hope for the best.
</cite>

and a set of errors triggered by the first one.

Change of language in a header title again, the offending code reads in LaTeX:

\section{Flottant d'enrobage\label{sec:Flottant-d'enrobage}
\index{Flottants!Flottants d'enrobage}\foreignlanguage{english}
{\index{Surrounded by text!Flottants d'enrobage@\foreignlanguage{french}
{Flottants d'enrobage}}}}

on one single line.

Again the error is due to an incompletely translated index entry, but this time the error occurs at the first pdflatex pass. The recursive \foreignlanguage construct in an index entry seems there incorrect in LaTeX (no more errors if I remove the external \foreignlanguage{english}{...} command).

I wonder why you do not see these errors ? In the first case, this may be due to the indexing engine, but in the second one, this seems a native TeX error.

--
Jean-Pierre