Sergio R. Caprile wrote:
> On 27/05/12 09:07, LyX Ticket Tracker wrote:
> > Comment (by spitz):
> >  Replying to [ticket:8173 scaprile]:
> >  > First, sometimes there is the need to track references in the other
> >
> >  direction, that is, find the places in many documents where there is a
> >  reference to a label.
> >
> >  Did you try Document > Outline?
>
> My friend, I think we are not understanding each other. My outline
> window is always open. What I try to mean is
> I have this:
> \subsubsection{System Control Space\label{sub:System-Control-Space}}
> and I need to find all the
> please go to \vref{sub:System-Control-Space}
> in 10 or 12 documents encompassing my whole project. Let's say:
>
> M3:page 7
> M4:page 12
> micros:page 122
>
> so I can click and go there.

I understand. At least for documents that are connected (via master-child) you
can do exactly this via Document > Outline. You need to select "Labels and
references" from the combo box in the outliner (instead of "Table of
Contents").

> >  > If a section changes to a paragraph and the text says "see section
> >
> >  <xref>", one might need to change it (the word "section" automagically
> >  included could be good also)
> >
> >  Use "formatted reference" (prettyref or nameref) for this task. See the
> >  user guide for details.
>
> OK, this is tricky, I have to mess with the Latex preamble to get this
> working. Maybe the preferences window could be the job in a more
> "Lyx-ful" way ?

What are you missing exactly? I think nameref should work out of the box,
prettyref though only for English.

> >  > Second, sometimes a label is removed, maybe to put it somewhere else
> >
> >  with a different name. Then there is the need to find BROKEN links in all
> >  the documents referring to that label. Besides the "BROKEN" word, perhaps
> >  their color could change maybe to red, and an automatic search and
> >  display
> >  on a window with a goto feature would be great.
> >
> >  Again, Document > Outline will help you find those references easily.
>
> No, if you re-read the example I've given, the outline window will help
> me find the sections and paragraphs, not all the places in the document
> where there is a reference to those. Let alone the BROKEN references

Of course it will (and many more) if you select the respective category.

Jürgen