I think it should be easy to ignore the encoding argument if it does
not exist, but the problem that confuses me is why importing Rnw is
involved with lyxsweave.R or lyxknitr.R. I mean Rnw should be treated
as a normal TeX document (the R code should not be executed through
Sweave or knitr), except that the code chunks (between <<>>= and @)
should be treated differently, e.g. as ERT.

Regards,
Yihui
--
Yihui Xie <xieyi...@gmail.com>