On 28/04/13 13:55, Albus X wrote:
> Hello everyone, I am interested in GSoC 2013 and particularly the
> "Advanced find and replace" project.

Hi there,

welcome to LyX!

First of all, let me redirect you to the information available at

  http://www.google-melange.com/gsoc/org/google/gsoc2013/lyx

where you can find how to apply to GSoC 2013 for a project related to LyX
(the application procedure is outlined there).

Some issues related to F&R have been discussed for quite some time, not
only in relation to GSoC'13, but also other times in the past. Just spend
some time searching throughout the mailing list archives, please.

> I read the corresponding sections in the user guide, and tried to find
> some math using regular expressions. I noticed that, I must insert a
> regex box first. But since there can be regex box inside math box or
> vice versa, which is the correct way?

Interestingly, those few scenarios which are documented in the manual, are
not really included in the automated test cases as from
devel/autotests/findadv-*.in.

It may be possible that some of those don't work any more, but I need to check
all of them again, as the manual contribution was written quite some time ago.

> Following are other problems (or maybe suggestions):

these are all nice observations, but they have to be raised on the list with
some different subject line, e.g., "Usability issues in math-writing" or
similar,
otherwise you won't get the necessary attention by the right people.

Thanks,

        T.