On 30/04/13 03:11, Albus X wrote:
> My proposal is updated. I removed the mentioning of Prolog, made the
> algorithm description clearer, and added more explanation.

Hi,

I could spot a few vague/ambiguous parts in the current description:

- what do you mean by "variable name" ?
- what does it mean to "drop in the result all unnamed variables" ?
- what's wrong with using parentheses within regexps, and referring
  them back within the search pattern itself, as well as within the
  text to be replaced ?
- how would you plan to realize, for example, the option you describe
  to treat all parentheses as the same ?
- what regexp features would you plan to support ? can you provide
  a few examples / regexps that you think should work, and how ?
- in section "Extending...", .1: Preproces... into a list, that seems
  to clash with the description above about the matching algorithm;
  perhaps you may want to clarify ?

Thanks,

        T.