On Tue, May 06, 2014 at 11:06:45AM +0200, Jean-Marc Lasgouttes wrote:

> However, the question is: do we want to keep this
> Color_selectiontext thing? It makes all selection lose color, which
> is not very helpful. Therefore, we could just decide to forget about
> that and just use Color_selection for the background. Actually, I
> haven't found any wordprocessor-like application that uses a
> selection background color.

Well, all other wordprocessor-like applications also have a boldify button
and many other things LyX is currently lacking ;)

> Pavel, Enrico, as users of weird color schemes, I need your input on that.

I like very much the way LyX shows a selection in contrast to any other
similar application, but if this is going to cause problems (I don't
know what you mean by "all selection lose color" but, if it is what I
think, it actually is what I experience when I try 'Use system colors')
I am not going to insist... so much ;)

--
Enrico