On 08. mai 2014 12:22, Stephan Witt wrote:

Currently the drawing of LyX is not appropriate for high resolution displays.

I'm afraid your suggestion is not suitable to improve this.

I didn't know that. In that case, the "background only" selection seems like a good alternative.

The trick then, will be to find a selection background color that has sufficient contrast to any text color that has good contrast to the normal background. So it will have to be a light color, but one that is sufficiently different from the unselected background.

Helge