12/05/2014 22:25, Stephan Witt:
Currently the drawing of LyX is not appropriate for high resolution displays.

I'm afraid your suggestion is not suitable to improve this.

This is something unrelated to str-metrics branch, right?

Text rendering shouldn't go to bitmaps and later copied to screen. This is what
I wanted to avoid.

This happens only with use_qimage==true, doesn't it? Can you try to set this to false and report on correctness and performance?

I agree that we will have to fix this soon. Do we have an open bug?

There are some, but I don't know of a bug mentioning the problem with text in
work area.

Could you create one, along with some screenshots ?