On 11/03/2014 11:23 AM, Jürgen Spitzmüller wrote:

Actually, I think bib files should _always_ be placed in the texmf tree (except
for very rare cases, that is). Why don't you distribute your template in a way
that assures this (e.g., via CTAN)?

Jürgen

I wish it was that simple. How many users do you think even know what texmf tree is? My Linux distribution of texlive never created my local tree (~/texmf/...). And there also comes the question of backing up from many directories; I find it easier to have all the files of a project under one directory. But we're slightly off topic now, right. I'm wondering what went wrong with GSoC 2014 promises for biblatex/LyX.