Jean-Marc Lasgouttes Sun, 01 Feb 2015 14:44:19 -0800

That's terribly weird. Could this be completion playing tricks?
Although I do not see this happening.Can you give us details (LyX
version, platform...). We never had a report like this one.If you want
to find all these occurrences in your document, I guess it is possible
with advanced search and replace and regular expressions.

Using a regular expression worked well a treat to find the double words. I
had a feeling I could programmatically use the feature but didn't know how
to implement the search like that.

I have now removed all that were in the master document and will now see if
I can trace when and how any new occurrences are introduced.

For others reference, the way to find double words in the Advanced Find and
Replace is with a user defined regular expression that contains:

[[:space:]]([[:alpha:]]+)[[:space:]]\1[[:space:]]

The code was found buried in the 2.1.1 User guide.

Re. The actual double word bug.
I'm updating to LyX 2.1.2 and hoping that the bug has been inadvertently
fixed.
But if it hasn't, now that I have been able to find the double words and
remove them I should be able to tell if the duplication is related to new
keystrokes or whether it is the bug is more spurious.

Cheers
James