Kornel Benko <kornel <at> lyx.org> writes:

> Yes, the png are there, but there are also .svgz files. They are
preferably used and converted to pdf.

You mean, converted on the fly each time they are needed ? I correctly see
the inskape commands appearb in the buffer line when I view PDF, but the
error happens when I want to export to pdflatex.

> You are not the first one having objections about copying them to
installed path.
> (If you would use in-build-lyx, the copies will go to the lyx source dir)

I don't understand, why not decompress these files and copy them to the
proper directory when I run "sudo make install", if they must be static
files like the pngs ? With the sudo command, no permission problems will
arise. And if they are copied to the
/usr/local/share/lyx-2.2.0dev/images
directory (if I run a proper "sudo chmod" command on this dir), they *will*
become static.

I'm not sure I have understood the svgz stuff in fact :-(

--
Jean-Pierre