Hi Jean-Marc,

On 05/01/15 23:46, Jean-Marc Lasgouttes wrote:
Hi Guillaume,

I am in vacation this week, but I will look at what I can do next week. What
would be helpful is a description of what indicator happens expects. The menu
code in LyX has mostly been done in an empirical way.

In the meanwhile I looked a bit further, but I'll leave it there. See
<https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/lyx/+bug/1430059>.

Apparently, dbusmenu is going to be deprecated anyway
<http://askubuntu.com/a/139925>. So I am happy if the previous behaviour
is just restored, as with the patch (for indicator-appmenu) that I proposed.

Your workaround is intriguing. Is there a general notion of global menu bar in
Qt? Currently we have special code for MacOS, it could maybe be expanded to
cover unity too.

You can have a look at g/qmenumodel <https://launchpad.net/qmenumodel>,
which is going to replace dbusmenu. Maybe that with qmenumodel you can
extend the code for MacOS to cover the Unity global menu. This would be
a nice feature, and maybe leave the current problems behind.

Another possibility is that we should react to some signals.

See <https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/lyx/+bug/1430059>, it
seems unlikely.

Guillaume

JMarc