Le 01/06/2015 19:50, Jürgen Spitzmüller a écrit :
<mailto:for...@lyx.org>>:

    On Mon, Jun 01, 2015 at 03:50:49PM +0200, Enrico Forestieri wrote:
    > On Mon, Jun 01, 2015 at 07:26:55AM +0100, Guillaume M-M wrote:
    > >
    > > 1) b3d2ffc0 introduces a regression in stable and master wrt 2.1.3. See
the
    > > attached lyx-bug-font2.lyx. This is because legacy_lyxpreview2ppm.py now
    > > includes the font lmodern (L236). I do not understand this addition:
font
    > > setting is already done in the preamble. Removing the line fixes the
issue.

    > It was added in order to have vector fonts, otherwise the previews
    > generated by the legacy method would be of very poor quality. It is
    > difficult to determine what a user could do in the preamble and whether
    > it is safe using lmodern or not. However, given that it may produce
issues,
    > it may be better not using it, if nobody has a better idea.

    Jürgen, any idea on this one?

lmodern must only be loaded if no other font has been loaded, i.e. if
computer modern is the active font:

\def\tempa{cmr}

\ifx\f@family\tempa\usepackage{lmodern}\else\fi

Jürgen

Is there any lyx file demonstrating the poor font quality? I have been unable to reproduce the font issue in master (after removing the line that forces latin modern in instant previews), even with the default setting of LyX that produces a PDF with bitmap fonts...

Anyway, here's a suggestion for getting those horrible bitmap fonts out of the way of new users, in a perfectly non-intrusive and backwards-compatible manner: just set Latin Modern to be the default choice for a new document. This would also solve the issue considered above. Note that I don't suggest to change the meaning of "Default" for roman fonts, but rather to force the user explicitly select "Default" over "Latin Modern" if he really wants to. I think it is always good when LyX shows the standard way. Then if the user wants poor bitmap fonts, that will be by choice.

(I know that I may suggest patches instead of ideas, but I do not have much time currently to become a new contributor to LyX, although I have been considering it.)